In case you’re still dropping by, there’s stuff going on. I’m just lacking focus. I know it’s time to start writing again when the 2AM nightmares come back.
So here’s what’s going on:
– I have a new book idea, but I can’t tell you what it is yet. It has to be finished by the time I’m 50 and then could help keep me fit and financially stable beyond. Stay tuned. No, it’s not the Canada Day idea. That’s so last year.
– Oh, and I have no idea how to pitch a book idea.
– The music is starting again. Suddenly, Simon and I are able to read music. He wants to learn how to play this.
– I am recently obsessed with urban architecture, what makes people-friendly public spaces work (and not), and zines. I want to get involved in all of this and make these things but I don’t know where to start.
– I’m in an interesting email exchange with four ministers in two provinces. We’ll see how well having nothing to lose works as a partnership strategy.
– Bacon is back. Apparently, the studies in the 60s that led to a decades-long persecution of saturated fats were Wrong. Now I can shamelessly eat the pork chop fat. Juicy.
– Q Tips: Really? So what are they for, if you’re not supposed to put them in your ears?
– A big storm is rolling up the east coast. I wish I could ride it out at Walden. Last year’s two-day storm was a joy. I read, melted snow for water, slept, giggled.
– CBC reports that rhino horns (not to be confused with tusk) from South Africa (where most of the few remaining rhinos live), are worth up to $500k each in Thailand. Why the hell is that?
– If you were going to take some action to make yourself slightly better at something, what would it be? Please let me know.
Oh, for a snow day. A deep blanket of silent white.