New babies understand the art of torture. Sleep deprivation has a subtle yet profound long-term effect that eventually affects the judgement of the subject, even making him/her the victim of his/her own errors. That’s why all new parents ignore the following advice at their peril:
- It’s really not a good idea to apply cooking oil spray to the BBQ grill after it is lit.
- Don’t try to save time by pulling on a t-shirt while running up stairs.
- Burp before bounce.
- Picnic note: Animals love spit-up. Keep the kid out of reach of cats and seagulls.
- Gas while changing the diaper is a universal warning sign.
- Be prepared to engage the 2AM regulars at Shoppers. They love to chat.
The Simon Eye.